The Birmingham Chapter of the Public Relations Council of Alabama (PRCA) is the local network for communications professionals and students. Our members are from all facets of the profession, including public relations and marketing, employee communications, corporate communications, nonprofit, governmental agencies, freelance consultants, writers, editors and more. Our passion is the communications profession, and our mission is all about you!
We welcome your interest and will embrace you as a member.
The Public Relations Council of Alabama is committed to:
- promoting professional and ethical practice;
- developing current and future PR/communications practitioners;
- building a community of professionals; and
- advocating for the profession.
And, your membership in PRCA, through the Birmingham chapter, gives you automatic membership in the Southern Public Relations Federation.
You can find the PRCA membership application form at http://www.prcaonline.com/why-join-prca/application-form. Print and complete the form, then fax it to 205.599.5598; or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) If you pay your membership dues by check and need a formal invoice, please select this option on the application form. Make your check payable to PRCA and mail only to the state address: Public Relations Council of Alabama, P. O. Box 531335, Birmingham, AL 35253-1335.
2) If paying by credit card, after your application is reviewed and accepted, you will receive an emailed invoice. It will include a link to PRCA's PayPal account. You do not need to have a PayPal account of your own, just a valid credit card.
Prorated membership fees: Based on the time of year your application is submitted, prorated fees may apply. Details are on the application form (or scroll to end of page).
Prepaying lunch/meeting costs
Prepaying for the meetings (which includes lunch) is handled on either a yearly or a quarterly basis, depending on when the member decides to add this option. Below is the pricing:
January - December: $150
April - December: $112
July - December: $75
October - December: $38
Membership Level Eligibility Annual Dues
||A full-time public relations practitioner, or someone who is exercising full responsibility for his or her employer's public relations activities. Applicants should spend 50% of their work time performing public relations duties or be solely responsible for the public relations function of an organization.
||Open to those with an interest in public relations but who do not meet the criteria for active membership. Usually reserved for vendors who benefit from the ability to network and associate with public relations practitioners.
||Full-time college students interested in a career in public relations (usually used when there is no local student chapter available).
*In addition to the dues amounts listed, active and associate members are required to pay a $15 new-member fee. Annual dues and new-member fees are payable with the application.
If joining mid-year, the following prorated fees apply:
Prorated Membership Fees Schedule (includes $15 new-member fee):
- January - March $120
- April - June $93.75
- July - Sept. $67.50
- Oct. - Dec. $41.25
- January - March $140
- April - June $108.75
- July - Sept. $77.50
- Oct. - Dec. - $46.20